Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Don't Know What to Call This...

Yeah, I know...it's already been a while since I updated. Well, you'll get over it! ;)

We had a good weekend. Lance's old college roommate got married in Oxford. We went there Saturday for the wedding and reception, which were both absolutely beautiful. We really had a good time and are glad that we were able to be there! Saturday night we stayed in Oxford. Before we left town Sunday morning, we went around the campus. Neither of us are Ole Miss fans, but we figured we'd check out the campus since we were there. Oxford really is a nice town and so was the campus.

After leaving Oxford, we headed to Tupelo to check out the Tupelo Flea Market. Lance was not impressed, but I wished I had more money to spend! After spending a little time there we headed home. When we got close to the Columbus exits on the highway, we decided to stop in Starkville and see how much the Mississippi State campus had changed and try to find alumni stickers. We went to the new Barnes and Nobles Bookstore on campus and went inside the newly rebuilt Union. Wow, it was very different!

We drove around the campus and Starkville for a while (never did find alumni stickers...the bookstore was sold out), and then headed out. Sunday night we went to my parents' house for Father's Day. My mom's family was there for a cookout (yummy) and we had to pick up Dozer. He was staying with my parents while we were gone.

Monday was our 7th wedding anniversary. We ate at Olive Garden for supper and we both ate entirely too much! It was good, but the thought of going there again makes me feel sick!

Yesterday I met Amy at the Daily Grind for lunch (super yummy) and then we did a little shopping. We ended up seeing M. Night Shyamalan's new movie The Happening. After seeing that movie, I really wonder where he comes up with his ideas! Once again, he created a very crazy movie.

As if this post isn't already random enough, I also wanted to write about how impressed I am with a florist named Sue at Winn-Dixie. Last Sunday was our time to do the flowers at church. I wanted to get something that would be easy for Lance's parents to get since we were out of town, so I thought I'd give Winn-Dixie a try. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous! They were priced MUCH lower than they would have been at a florist, so I was very impressed!

Well, that's it from me today! I'll post a picture of the Ole Miss campus, the new Union at MSU, and the flowers. Also, keep in mind that the flowers were made four days before the picture was taken.


1 comments:

Jennifer Burch said...

Go online at mssate.edu and you can order them for free. Go to the alumni page and there is some link that you can hit that will let you get them. You may have to search.