Saturday, June 7, 2008

Welcome to my World

So, I decided to try the whole blog thing again. Those of you that know me know that I used to have a website (click here to see the old site). With everything going on in my life, I got tired of remembering html codes and going through the hassle of uploading updates to the site. With all that being said, here I am in a much easier place. Hopefully, it won't be something for me to forget and I'll keep posting my thoughts and happenings. One thing I can promise is that everything will always been somewhat random. Yeah, I know...that would not make a very scholarly paper and the teacher in me knows better, but it's how my mind (that is ridden with ADD tendencies) works!


Now, for an update on me since my last post on my old site...

I am about to start my third year teaching third grade at Newton County Elementary School. On my last post on my old site, I had just signed a contract for this job after I had been teaching second grade for two years at Forest Elementary School.

In December 2007, I received my master's degree in Elementary Education from Mississippi State University. This is my first summer in YEARS that I have not been taking classes, so I am trying to get adjusted to that. So far, it has been an easy adjustment!

Lance and I are still happily (most of the time...haha) married. We'll have our seventh anniversary on the 16th of this month.

I have been wanting a Nintendo Wii for months. I started rolling saved change and scrapping any other spare money I could find...(Thank you State Tax Commission for letting me overpay on my taxes!...) With that being said, I finally bought one Thursday and have been playing it regularly. Hopefully, I will get a Wii Fit soon!

Well, I hope that was random enough for everyone! Hopefully, I will be back soon! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
Glad I'm first to leave you a comment. Your new site looks great just like everything you do. I'm so proud to hear that you are still happily married to my son. :)